Having worked as an Organisational Psychologist for more than 20 years, with clients from small “boutique” businesses to large corporate companies, I have a good understanding of the difficulties people face at work.
My expertise is in helping people improve their performance, well-being and relationships. I am particularly passionate about empowering people. My approach combines practical strategies that achieve real change backed up by latest research in the neuroscience, emotional intelligence, positive psychology and mindfulness fields.
I am an active member of several professional associations including the College of Organisational Psychologists (COP), the Australian Psychological Society (APS), and the Australian Institute of Management (AFAIM) and regularly attend professional development activities to keep abreast of latest trends in my field. I also serve on the Griffith University Advisory Board and the Brisbane Women’s Club Charity Trust Fund.
Some examples of the kind of work I have undertaken include …
- Leadership development programs to prepare women for effectively handling the demands of leadership – turning emotional into emotional intelligence!
- Professional development programs specifically for women aimed at improving decision-making, confidence, changing old habits and improving work/life balance.
- Leadership coaching with Executives, Senior managers and Front-line managers to develop effective self-management strategies and skills for managing others.
- Training and facilitation focused on decision-making, interpersonal and communication skills, stress management, managing anger and anxiety, addressing performance issues, and improving work/life balance.
- Resolution of grievances where underlying tension was affecting the well-being and performance of work groups.
- Overseas experience – facilitated groups of local government and business people in Siberia on strategic planning, group processes, and decision-making, using a translator.
- Member of the Griffith University Advisory Board which reviews the Post-Graduate Organisational Psychology programs.
- Supervision of Post-Graduate students in the Griffith University Organisational Psychology programs. My role is to assist students to develop their professional skills and understand the ethical standards expected in their profession.
You can also find me on: